It’s no secret that your home’s heating and cooling system is the most crucial component. A healthy HVAC system keeps the indoor temperatures comfortable at all times, from the hot summer months to the chilly winter months.
It’s no laughing matter if you lose your heat on a cold winter night or if you don’t have air conditioning during the summer’s hottest days. Understanding your HVAC system is essential if you want it to function properly all year.
HVAC Service Appointments: Why Do You Need Them?
HVAC servicing is required for these reasons:
- Preventing unexpected breakdowns: Regular maintenance reduces the chances of unexpected breakdowns.
- Maintaining the HVAC system: Regular inspections allow your HVAC professional to identify and address issues before they become more serious. Repairs for such minor issues are usually far less expensive.
- Maintain Your warranty coverage: Before an HVAC manufacturer authorizes a warranty claim, they will need documentation that you have been doing needed maintenance, or the company will void your coverage.
Factors Causing Short Cycling in Your HVAC System
The term “short cycling” refers to the system’s tendency to turn on and off repeatedly during the day, often before it has had a chance to cool down. HVAC units consume significantly more energy when they start up and shut down than when running, putting extra pressure on the system and increasing your monthly energy bills.
Although an accurate diagnosis of the source of the problem requires the assistance of a professional, there are three causes of short cycling in your air conditioner that you should know.
- Coil icing
- Compressor damage
- Overpowered system
Average Maintenance Costs and Key Components
- Furnace: If you’re not getting hot air in the winter, it’s likely due to a problem with your furnaces, such as a damaged heat exchanger, engine problems, or wiring and electrical issues.
- Central unit: The cost of repairing your central unit will vary depending on the problem and what is causing your air conditioner to break down. It can be your compressor, condenser, or you’ve run out of gas.
- Thermostat: Unless your thermostat is ancient and has broken down due to wear and tear, you won’t have any problems with it.
When Should Service Appointments Be Made?
Before you start looking for a heater inspection near me, understand that you should make service appointments twice a year: once for your air conditioner and once for your heating system. Every five years, the ducting in your home should be cleaned and resealed.
Scheduling A Tune-Up For Your HVAC
Check for acidic condensate, air leaks, and heat loss with your repair professional. The higher the efficiency rating, the more acidic the water runoff becomes.
Make any necessary repairs now, rather than later when furnace repair technicians will be in higher demand due to the cold. Condensing technology saves energy by optimizing the heat transferred to water during the combustion process.