One of the important things you can do as a homeowner is to schedule your annual HVAC inspection before the winter weather arrives. Your home heating system goes months without being used.
Many complications could develop throughout those months. Look for gas furnace inspection in Hermosa Beach and schedule a service to ensure trouble-free home comfort throughout the year.
When Is It Time to Get Your System Inspected?
- Before buying a home: Scheduling a separate heating inspection can prevent unexpected maintenance costs.
- Seasonal inspections: Seasonal inspections ensure that your system’s maintenance requirements are met. Furthermore, routine maintenance can save you 10% on your monthly bills.
- Overall inspection: It ensures that nothing was overlooked during your seasonal examination. It extends the life of your system, fulfils warranty obligations, and checks that it is working securely.
A Thorough HVAC Check Will Cover a Wide Range of Topics, Including:
- A visual evaluation of the main system, including corrosion, leaks, and proper ventilation.
- Verifying that all components of the operation are performing at their best.
- Checking the system’s thermostat settings.
- Inspect electrical connections and voltage testing of system components to prevent future component failure.
- Lubrication of moving components.
- Checking for obstacles in the condensate drain.
- Checking for proper operation of the system’s start-up and shutdown controls.
What to Look for During a Heating Inspection?
- Heat Exchanger
- Internal Environment
Soot can accumulate inside your system, causing problems and lowering efficiency. When left untreated, the buildup can reduce the efficiency of your heating system. When soot is discovered, your HVAC specialist should inspect and replace the nozzles.
- Air Filters
Filters that are clogged can reduce the efficiency of your system. If you don’t use filters, your system could suffer from long-term efficiency concerns or, worse, a complete system failure. The HVAC specialist can check whether your filters need to be cleaned or changed entirely.
- Thermostat and Furnace
By restarting your furnace, you can ensure that it operates at its best. It will ensure that the furnace is working efficiently. In addition, your HVAC specialist will take four flue gas samples to assess the efficiency of your system. Critical criteria such as smoke content, oxygen count, temperature consistency, and the state of your flue gases will all be checked.
Your heating system will not run efficiently without a fully functioning heat exchanger, resulting in a loss of heat generation from your system.
Typical Issues Covered During Inspections
- Clogged air filters
- Dirty nozzles
- Excessive wear and tear
- Electrical ignition/pilot control
- Frequent cycling
- Faulty thermostat
- Noisy furnace
- Continuously running blower
- No heat from the furnace
Your Chimney Inspection Checklist
Be sure your HVAC technician checks for:
- Cap and crown defects
- Creosote (heavy soot)
- Damaged flues
- Unsealed flue-vents
Your Ductwork Checklist
Ensure your HVAC technician checks for:
- Air filters
- Dirty blower fans
- Obstructed return air inlets
- Flex duct defects
Contact HVAC Inspections Los Angeles to learn more about heating inspections at reasonable rates if you want a heating inspection in Hermosa Beach. Call at (310) 465-3822 or drop us a mail here to know more.